The Party is Over..Toyota Quality Takes a Dump

Page 2 of 3

LOL....the dude doesn't change his oil for 67K miles and then expects a free repair or will sue! Nothing surprises me anymore.
-
Was bending my ear to the next "customer" who wanted his tires replaced because they have worn out. 40K miles. He could not show evidence he had ever rotated/balanced since new. Of course he was all ticked off and left some of his tread on the service driveway.

Why do that? If your car is indeed eligible for the extended warranty and has an indication of gelling the dealer will do that at no charge. Have you switched to synthetic oil as Toyota now suggests? I would, if I had not.
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

Everybody needs to understand that Mike is lying. Unless he can actually back up these claims (he can't 'cause they are not true), pay no attention to him. He is only here for one reason, and this is to discredit Toyota 'cause Ford can't compete with them. Everytime this subject comes upo, he all of a sudden has even more first hand knowledge and now claims to have seen a half dozen sludged up engines in his fleet. How many years ago was this? Funny how he is just now mentioning this.
There are no TSBs for sludge. There are no sludged up engines were the owner can prove oil changes, some claim but no proof, and certainly no sludged up engines when serviced at a dealer. Hunt claimed once to have seen the official letter, but evidently he was the only one they showed it to and they destroyed the only copy after showing it to him.
Same old same old. Get real the widely published fact that Toyota extend the warranty on the effected engine to eight years, unlimited mileage, authorized dealers to 'clean repair or replace any engine exhibiting 'gelling,' as Toyota refers to the sludge problem, and changing the head on all of the effected engines built after August of 2003, as published in Automotive News and other trade magazines at the time, proves it was not owner neglect. No matter how many times you chose to believe of say otherwise teh fact will not change.
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

The 2003 engines were a completly new engine, dumbass. The whole sludge thing happend long before that. You don't know what you are talking about, so go away, troll.
Denial in not a river, the warranty extension was for previous built and sold models. You don't know what you are talking about, so go away, troll. LOL
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

Nice diversion try, but you weren't talking about the waranty externsion, you were talking about the head changes. Face it you're a lying troll. Unless you can prove the shit you're spewing, shut the fuck up!
You are the one who is wrong as usual. I never said there was a recall on the head. I said was Toyota was using a new head design on all cars built after of August 2003. Do a search and educate yourself, WBMA You don't know what you are talking about again, so go away, troll. LOL
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

Who said you said there was a recal on the heads? You don't even know what your arguing about.
You said this, amoungst other things that were not true.
"Toyota issued numerous TSBs, change the head on all effected engines, built as of August of 2003. Switched to a synthetic oil recommendation"
There were no "numerous TSBs" on the affected engines. The effected engines do not include 2003 models, so I have no idea why you think this has anything to do with this. There also was no recommendation to switch to synthetic oils for the affected engines. Also you never saw a document from Toyota saying that engines serviced at the dealer showed sludge problems. I also suspect you're lying about any first hand knowledge you are claiming, 'cause that's what you do, lie. The only truth is the extended waranty, and nobody is disputing that, 'cause like the reset of your crap, that actually happened.

My He's a lier for sure.
Ya right, everything I said was based on facts related to the warranty extension. You expect anybody reasonable person would ever believe that ANY manufacture would extend a warrant for owner neglect? That is asinine. Facts are facts and unless you are the warranty claims person for a dealership or a fleet service company you have no idea what was happening at dealerships at that time. Your opinion is just that, only one more from the Toyota apologist that live in a dream world where Toyotas do not have problem just like every other manufacture. ;)
FACT. Owners started to complain of overheated engines. The problem was found to be sludge in the head. Toyota had designed a more efficient head to improve emission and fuel economy. Toyota at first blamed the sludge on owners not change oil, according to the warrant manual, and asked for proof that the oil was changed. Eventually warranty claims for problem, which showed oil was starting to coke around the valves restricting oil flow, in engines that were serviced as required at dealerships became to increase. Toyota issued TSBs on how to correct the problem. One suggestion, particularly for vehicles use for short trips, was to switch to synthetic oil. Eventually Toyota suggest synthetic be used in all dealerships oil changes. As the problem begin to appear in news reports on wed sites dedicated to sledge, and in trade magazines like 'Automotive News' in growing numbers Toyota advised the Dealers Principals that a warranty extension was being instituted for those engines effected by 'gelling,' as they called it, and that the problem should be going away because the head used after August 2003 was not the same. Dealerships were authorized to 'clean, repair or replace any engine effect by the 'gelliing' for eight years, unlimited mileage, if the owner would 'attest' that the oil was changed as required, even if it was not changed at a dealership..
mike hunt