Theft Loc problem & chipped key

I sent my 98 Lumina to the frame shop and when I picked it up the radio said Loc it was working before I dropped it off.

how do I get it working again?

new question I also locked my keys in the car when running & it was the only set I had I ened up braking the rear side glass. that was a mistake becuase it's alot easyer for me to replace the larger front passager window. Duh! What a bad day. anyway it's a chipped key can these be programed without the dealer? they want big $$$ here.

Reply to
Colt & Brooke

You have the key with the resistor pellet, no. All you need to do is measure the resistance, obtain the key with the proper pellet, then cut it for your ignition cylinder. I don't know, however, if PK2 keys are available aftermarket.

Reply to
Kevin

Have you owned the car since new? The radio goes into Lock mode if the battery has been disconnected, and a 3 digit code has been entered into it at some point in it's life. If you don't know the code, your best bet is probably the dealer. They can 'find' the code for you.

You don't program the key to your car. You have to purchase a key with the same resistor value as the one you already have. As Kevin said, you can measure it yourself, and I have seen the keys on Ebay for a few bucks. You buy the correct key, and then take it to a lock-smith to have it cut, matching your existing key.

Reply to
80 Knight

You can get a key with the correct resistor at your local hardware. It's about $25 at the one near me (seems a little high).

As for the radio, do the following:

Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the code are displayed. Press the AM/FM button for the next 3 digits. Email me those 6 numbers in that order.

Reply to
Johnoz19

I bought the car from Salvage auction as a write off. I repaired it & now it's back on the road. So I'm not the original owner.

Reply to
Colt & Brooke