Thinking of getting a Lumina

The Chevrolet Lumina is one of the vehicles that I'm considering to replace my wore out Pontiac 6000. (With the problematic 2.5.) I'm looking for a
Lumina between '95 and '97 with the 3.1. What are some known problems for this car? What does the insurance cost for this car against other vehicles? My great-aunt has a Lumina with over 240,000 miles on it and only has had to do tires and oil changes except recently the air conditioning finally quit. Was she lucky? (She's still got it.) I believe it's a '98. Thanks.

replace
vehicles?
quit.
These are nice looking cars, but they don't seem to get a lot of rave reviews.
You already know, I would guess, the problems with the 3.1 engine series.

Fuel injectors, right? EGR? Wow, it looks like the '97 year had more common problems than the '95 - Evaporative Emissions Canister Vent Solenoid, 7x Crankshaft Positition Sensor, Camshaft Position Sensor, Fuel Pressure Regulator, Fuel Injectors, Intake Manifold Gasket. (Swallowing hard.) The '97 also seems to have more transmission problems, brake problems, etc.

series.
Solenoid,
The
Intake gaskets were what I primarily meant. But the litany of GM weaknesses has many verses.

I owned a '92 Lumina 2-door. Sweet car ! Handled well, cruised great. and polished up like a show car.
Then, at 77K miles it's like some sort of timer went off.
A/C failed, alternator went, tranny failed, and the steering wheel started to smoke !!
Bye-bye Lumina. ( wish I'd saved the cast wheels )
<rj>
I have a 92 Lumina with 119,000 miles and it makes a perfect knock around car. It still drives very well, engine was replaced at 113,000 due to (presumed) oil pump failure and engine lockup. It ws my primary car till I bought a 2000 Impala when they were first introduced. Though it now looks a bit rough, it still performs well. Roy