This is really bugging me

Folks,

My wife's '02 Intrigue is a bug magnet. The front "bumper" on this machine gets plastered with the 6-legged critters when she drives it at night. Would anyone out there care to share a favorite technique and/or product you use to remove the splatter fairly quickly, without enormous effort, and without damaging the surface?

Reply to
Harry McGuffin

Steve

Wax the front end real good. I use a bug sponge on my black car. Its a sponge with a web covering. Its easier to remove the bug before they have a chance to dry or harden. Don't forget the mirror body get hit by bugs too. A High pressure hose at the self serve car wash works great . For stubborn stains on the windshield I've let it sit for 2-3 days then run a razor blade lightly over the glass, That really cleans off the bugs.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,400 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

My wife just happens to have some Pam on hand. Sure is an interesting approach. Shouldn't be too difficult to try. Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
Harry McGuffin

A bug sponge? Never saw one of those before. Do the usual car parts places sell them? The description you gave makes it sound promising. Thanks.

Reply to
Harry McGuffin

Most auto parts stores or even the department stores that sell auto supplies should sell the bug sponge. Mine is yellow with white webbing over it..

I lost one on the highway once, it was in the back of the convertible top well and blew out the unzipped rear window.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,400 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Reply to
just me