Throttle stuck

WhenI pressed on the gas pedal twice before I started my 2001 Century. It was idling very high and it stalled out. I started it up again and the same thing happen. I open the hood and pulled on the throttle cable and restart it and it was fine. Should I have it checked? Its still under warranty. Thank you

Reply to
Joseph A. Zupko

No. Why bother!

Reply to
Litter

(Top post) Take off your snorkle and see if there is any carbon buildup in your throttle body....Sounds as if your throttle plate is sticking....Warenty will not over this.....Just spray in some carb and choke cleaner...Also spray some on a rag and wipe out the inside of the throlle body.....Should take care of it.... Steve C Re: Throttle stuck Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Tue, Feb 10, 2004, 6:04pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Litter) No. Why bother! "Joseph A. Zupko" wrote in message news:BW8Wb.1573$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com... WhenI pressed on the gas pedal twice before I started my 2001 Century. It was idling very high and it stalled out. I started it up again and the same thing happen. I open the hood and pulled on the throttle cable and restart it and it was fine. Should I have it checked? Its still under warranty. Thank you

Reply to
S C

Sounds like a good idea to me. I might have the brakes looked at while it was there.

Reply to
Rufus T. Firefly

Hello,

I think you may need to talk to a service technician at a Buick dealer. I don't think you are supposed to press your gas pedal before starting. Don't take my word for it, check with your dealer for the correct starting procedure.

Reply to
Scott

The car has only 17k on it. You think it can build up carbon that fast?

Reply to
Joseph A. Zupko

Reply to
Joseph A. Zupko

Well the throttle sticks. You plan on having it fixed. If ever it sticks again some day while driving I think I would want good brakes.

Reply to
Rufus T. Firefly

t is very possible...I live in south Texas near the Mexican and have seen many cars build upcarbon in 10,000 miles....Try this use your hand to press the gas peddle...It should go down smooth if it binds then it binds shoo somekind of lube one the moving parts of the peddle untill it stops binding....Its sticking eighter at the throttlebody or at the peddle ...if the throttle bore is clean then its in your peddle...Which isnt uncommon besides its 3 years old and only 17k on it the throttle hasnt moved much has it?...To be honest I wouldnt worrie about your brakes untill about 30,000 miles or so..lol

At 17k on it if the brakes are goinh bad you have issues lol

You dont have to pump the gas to prime your fuel system you have electronic fuel injection.. All you should do is turn on your key for ten to fifteen seconds and it will be primed all you need with out pumping the gas...Youll be doing more damage that good by flooding it out.. Steve C

Re: Throttle stuck Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Wed, Feb 11, 2004, 4:31am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Joseph=A0A.=A0Zupko) The car has only 17k on it. You think it can build up carbon that fast?

Reply to
S C

Reply to
Roy G. Bragg