thumping sound

2003 Cavalier makes a thumping sound when going over 30 mph. Sound seem to be coming from right wheel. When turning left the sound goes away... but when the wheel straightens back out the thumping starts
again. I dont want to take it anywhere, Id rather take care of it myself. I already took the wheel off but no obvious reasons were found. Anyone have a suggestion?
maybe the plastic liner is coming loose on the inside front portion of the wheel-well?

Sounds that either come or go when turning the wheel in one direction or another generally point to a wheel bearing, or in far less cases, to a CV joint. It's kind of hard to say though since the term "thumping" is really not very descriptive.
I don't get a real feeling from reading your post that you do a great deal of car repairs. Am I reading that wrong? If that's true, there probably isn't a lot you'll want to get into on your own in the front end of your car.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net