tick / clack noise when engine warms up

I have a 2006 impala with the new 3.5 liter engine

the car has about 45000 km on it

When the enige warms up I can hear a ticking or claking sound from somewere in the engine bay

the dealer replaced the selenoid purge vale but the sound is till there though muffled

It does not start till the engine is warm and the car is at idle then it continues like water torchuer tick tick tick

but not when cold-- then its quiet ? any ideas ?

Reply to
AreaRecalNotice?

Your best bet is to take it back to the dealership, and let them (under warranty) repair the problem.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
ROY BRAGG

I did an oil change with a new filter a baldwin b7010 but the sound is still there I tried some risloews but hat did not make much diffrent

the noise is constant but low in volume like a plastic coated piece taping on a metal panel - the frequency does not increase with throttle the mech speculated that the feul system was pulsing

As I mentioned the dealership changed the selenoid purge valve or said they did ----- but the mechnaic also said they would use insulation to muffle the sound...The sound is muffled somwhat but still there

Reply to
AreaRecalNotice?

a very, very common problem on the OHV engines... and none of the GM people want to admit it

Reply to
Pouta

hmmmmmm kinda like water tourcher were a drop of water keeps falling on your forehead as you are pinned down under it -- for hours and hours and hours

till that lilltle sound sounds like-------

" tack, tack , tack , getatoyota, getatoyota, getatoyota, tack, getatoyota, tack

hahah

Reply to
AreaRecalNotice?