Ticking sound coming from PCV valve? your thoughts please

So I was driving the wife's 94 Grand Prix with the 3100. She mainly drives it around town, and I was heading out to the freeway. So I got on it a bit,
to help free the carbon that has attached itself to the valves etc ...
I get home, and pull into my parking spot, and I hear this tick tick tick tick, a really fast ticking. I'm thinking to myself, WTF is that. After listening a bit, it sounds like the PCV valve. So I turn the car off, and remove it. Start the car back up, and no tick tick tick. So I shake that PCV valve, and it seems to be moving freely. I put it back into the car, and the damn ticking it back. From what I could see with the valve out, there isn't any excessive blow by (car has 152k miles on it). I could be wrong .. but you shouldn't hear the ticking from a PCV should you?
Your thoughts are most welcome.
Did any Taliban mechanics touch the car? Might be a bomb. Tick, Tic, Tick, Tick.
As cheap as they are, buy a new PCV vavlve
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Haha .. funny Harry. Last time I checked, the only ticking I have is the connecting rod issue that most 94 3100's have ..
How's that Bonny holding up? My olds with about 30k less miles is starting to act up :(

Clevere asked : How's that Bonny holding up?
Running great ! Pointing it toward Pa this weekend, about a 1000 mile round trip. Last four tanks of gas I run some Gummout fuel injection cleaner through.
So far all that had been done this year is:
Front Brakes. Plugs. Fuel Pump. Hi pressure & return lines. FP Sending unit. Lower Driver door hinge. Install carpeted trunklid liner from SSE. Install plastic gutter screen behind grille. Serpentine Belt. Wax On - Wax Off. Rear Struts & springs. Rebuild the wooden console & stain Early American finish. 2 tires. Trans Oil & Filter. Headliner.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~262,500 miles_~_~~_
Wow, that engine sure is quiet.... Are you sure its the pcv??? Easy enough go to your local gm dealer and get a new one throw it in.... With that kind of mileage it could be anything..... And congrats on hitting that mark on your GP...
Jake
I have seen that happen with aftermarket pcv valves, if it is replace it with the correct AC Delco pcv valve.

drives
bit,
and
..
hehe!

tick
;-)
and
that
there
wrong
Oh, the sweet smell of Wishful Thinking. You're just blaming the PCV valve because it costs $5 and can be replaced in 5 minutes.

tick
;-)
and
that
there
wrong
Oh no! Not blaming .. I know the little bastard is ticking .. I removed it, and the ticking went away :)

car,