tighting loose door handle/strap 1991 Buick LeSabre

I have a 1991 Buick LeSabre. The door handle/strap that you use to pull the door closed has worked loose at both ends. There must be at least one screw
at each end to tighten, but I can't see where the head of it is. Maybe hidden somehow behind the strap? What is the secret on how to tighten it? TIA
you have to pop off the little plastic covers on the ends of the straps.The screws are behind those... the little tabs are on the top and bottom,you kinda reach up with a pick or small screwdriver and pop em off... Hope you don't brake them, they are brittle... Bobo

Thanks "bobo", but I just looked and mine does not have any plastic covers, the strap is upholstered and is as wide as the little metal "cups" at each end can take. The cups and the strap are both loose. The strap seems to be fastened to the metal cups. Wondering if somehow the strap is not held into the cups similar to a watchband with its spring-loaded pins? I will try that tomorrow. Jerome

try pulling the end of the strap out to expose a screw

That was it! Thank you! I remember now that my wife had the window motor changed a few months ago and the bozo must have left the screws completely out! They are gone. The ones on the other door are still there, so I can take one of those out and try to find a match.

I can't picture what your strap looks like. As one poster mentioned there may be some caps on the end of the strap you need to pop off. If it don't look like a cap that pops off then maybe the whole piece slides off expousing the screw securing the strap to the door. I bought some aftermarket straps once and the chrome end caps slid over the metal srarp ends.
Chances are the plastic anchor the screw goes into is stripped out or it cracked in half. Thus making it appear to be a loose screw.
The anchor is similar to the license plate screw anchors. If you need a new anchor I think you'll have to remove the entire door panel.
One other thought is the strap may have a threaded stud on each end that goes through the holes in the door panel and is held on by an inverted stamped nut screwed in from the backside of the door panel.
My Bonneville uses this method for attaching the armrest / pullhandle assembly to the door panel.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_