Tire Question

They even include a spot on your NYS tax forms just for this tax. If you really want an audit leave it blank. Seems they don't believe that some people don't buy off the net.

Reply to
Steve W.

We dont have a state income tax. That is probably why this is not yet a big deal. Our sales taxes are enforced at point of sale, and I guess they dont have any good way to make people pay taxes on goods sold over the net.

I really have no idea.

Reply to
hls

Agreed.

True. I bought a 1998 Pontiac Trans AM a couple of years ago with only

12003 miles showing on the odometer. The Goodyear Eagle Tires showed very little wear. On further inspection, it was obvious that the front tires had been replaced. The rubber compound, on feel, was soft, as opposed to the tires on the rear, which had turned dry and hard, even though very little tread had been worn. It was evident that the rear tires were original, and were at least ten years old. I knew when I bought the car I would have to replace the rears, but put it off. Less than two months and only a couple hundred miles on the tires, guess what?, I had a blowout on one of the rears. I knew better, so no one to blame but myself.

The buyer of this 2009 Impala bought the car new, so he has to assume the entire car and its parts, including the tires, are brand new.If his tires are wearing out after 14000 miles, and he is taking care of his car, then something is wrong, and his dealer should be able to help him.

Reply to
jr92