Tired Charging Sys.

Hay everybody, I have a 1993 Buick Regal Custom 80,000 miles Northeast US (NO WRECKS) serviced by dealer 3000 mile service plan(not neglected), if I put on the low-beam head lamps, and add blower fan in traffic then step on brakes at intersection for about a minuite and a half the charge rate falls off and it requires about 1500rpm to bring it back.(this will almost stall signal flasher)

Using shop quality volt meter, Stop Engine- disconnect Battery Neg.-12.3-.5volts, connect battery start emgine 14.6volts across battery treminals, turn on any load like head lamps stop and turn lamps together blower fan, at warm idle (under 13-1500 rpm.) the volt meter will start to dive for 9-10volts and have to shift to nutral and rev engine to like 1500 to get charge rate back, the reading goes down and up smoothly,(doesn't pop up quickly like loose connection).

Battery and alt. are about 10,000 miles old,( before I bought car), and have been tested by dealer shop here in US NY state. Load test says both alt. and Battery are fine. Dealer says dont worry about it.(normal) says some will drop off so bad they set ECM codes-YUP Right-(grin)

My question: can anybody in here pinpoint the BODY Ground points for me so I dont have to search the entire car the only one I have been able to find easily is the one by the battery that gowe to the radiator carrier core(frame that holds Radiator)

Maybe one of you GM Techs'. have been to this party?

Reply to
Patrick Smith

I'd check the battery connections - even with 0 charge, the voltage should not be dropping so low as 9-10 volts with a reasonable accessory load, either it's dropping voltage after it leaves the battery or the battery is no good..

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Reply to
Patrick Smith