Tires - 2005 Saturn Vue

My girlfriend has a 2005 Saturn Vue. The vehicle has about 35,000 miles on it. The factory tires were replaced at approximately 10,000 miles because of a vandalism incident. At the time she replaced the
tires with Bridgestone Duelers, she was told that the ONLY tires she could put on that vehicle were 235/60/R17. Anything else would void her warranty.
Now this sounds absolutely ridiculous to me, especially the warranty part. So I have to ask.. what can she put on this vehicle? The 235/60/R17 tire, no matter the brand, is hard to find and seemingly more expensive as a mediocre tire than a better, more common model might be.
Im very much looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say on this!
Posted at author's request, using interface