To Guido: re '97 LeSabre Loss Of Cooling Problem with Intake Manifolds: VIN Check, Please

Hello Guido:

Would be most appreciative if you could check out the VIN for my '97 Buick LeSabre and let me know if it is one of those that are affected by the loss of coolant problem (intake manifords being plastic) problem.

I "seem" to have the problem, but am not sure.

CU 1G4HP52K8VH455953

BTW: Should the dealer fix it for free via a recall, etc.?

Thanks you very much.

Reply to
Robert11

Check my 246kb post on 12/02. The cutoff VIN #'s are there on page 6. The serial numbers for the 1997 LeSabre stop at H 444313, so it looks like your unit is not affected by the "exploding" manifold.

However, I believe all 3800 II v-6 motors have the plastic manifolds into

1999 or 2000 model years.

"Bobo" may look up your VIN and post whether your unit has any outstanding recalls, or you can call Buick. The phone number is in one of my posts on

12/02.

I love my 1997 Limited! Wish it had the touring suspension with the 16" wheels, though.

Robert11 wrote:

Reply to
Guido

There is no recall on this problem, as far as I know.

A poster stated that the problem may affect 25% of the cars, so it's a crap shoot.

See the 12/02 discussi> Hello Guido:

Reply to
Guido

Thank you very much; really appreciate your time and trouble.

Best regards, Bob

------------------

Reply to
Robert11

The leak due to plastic manifold is NOT part of a recall.

Another poster mentioned a 25% chance of having the problem, so it's a crap shoot.

Robert11 wrote:

Reply to
Guido

Found this: