To Guido: re '97 LeSabre Loss Of Cooling Problem with Intake Manifolds: VIN Check, Please

Hello Guido:
Would be most appreciative if you could check out the VIN for my '97 Buick LeSabre and let me know if it is one of those that are affected by the loss
of coolant problem (intake manifords being plastic) problem.
I "seem" to have the problem, but am not sure.
CU 1G4HP52K8VH455953
BTW: Should the dealer fix it for free via a recall, etc.?
Thanks you very much.
Check my 246kb post on 12/02. The cutoff VIN #'s are there on page 6. The serial numbers for the 1997 LeSabre stop at H 444313, so it looks like your unit is not affected by the "exploding" manifold.
However, I believe all 3800 II v-6 motors have the plastic manifolds into 1999 or 2000 model years.
"Bobo" may look up your VIN and post whether your unit has any outstanding recalls, or you can call Buick. The phone number is in one of my posts on 12/02.
I love my 1997 Limited! Wish it had the touring suspension with the 16" wheels, though.
Robert11 wrote:

There is no recall on this problem, as far as I know.
A poster stated that the problem may affect 25% of the cars, so it's a crap shoot.
See the 12/02 discussion thread on "Purchase of 1997 LeSabre".
Robert11 wrote:

Thank you very much; really appreciate your time and trouble.
Best regards, Bob ------------------

loss
The leak due to plastic manifold is NOT part of a recall.
Another poster mentioned a 25% chance of having the problem, so it's a crap shoot.
Robert11 wrote:

Found this:
http://www.impalahq.com/TSB/TSB01-06-01-007A.html
Robert11 wrote:

Repair kit supplier (no retail sales):
http://ken-co.com/manifold/default.htm
Robert11 wrote:

there is no recall on your vehicle.The lower intake was done on 12/12/2000 with 31,587 miles....An alternator and an ignition cylinder was in the history also..that';s about it... Looks like just the gasket was changed,but I could be wrong..only 1 part # listed 17113137.. ..hope that helps.. Bobo