Today's Idiot.

Went to Chevy today to get a gas filter. The dealer & Bank share a parking lot. The driver of the car that was parked next to me became impatient and
didn't want to wait for the car passing by him his backend so he put it in drive and drove forward over the concrete stop block.
Both front wheels went over before the guy realized what was happening. Then there was some loud scraping sounds, maybe the oil & trans pan, the floor pans, gas tank, rear suspension, exhaust, then the tail pipe as it dragged over the concrete block last. He was lucky there wasn't two of those blocks back to back like the other spaces down the row.
I watched as the guy drove off, seemed like no fluids were pouring out from underneath. So maybe the guy lucked out this time.
It was real jewel out of the " hood " too, an 86 - 89 Olds Cierra Wagon, a real rust bomb.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,025 miles_~_~_
Harry, I once saw a guy driver ove a concrete median on a 4-lane and rip a hole in his transmission pan.
Rich B wrote:

equipment for 911 systems. Coming back through springfield OH really late one night I pulled off to get gas and a breath of cold night air to wake me up. Started to pull out of the gas station and it was a right turn only with a median in the middle and I had to go left to get on the highway. It was late and I wanted to get home and there wasn't any traffic either way so I made a bumpy let turn. I was driving my 4x4 s-10 though and not a low to the ground car.
HaHa! Gotta Love People Like That! What I Love is when you see people fly over railroad tracks that are inclined, some here are hilarious b/c they will go flying over them and then BOOM... Sparks Everywhere! I guess that shows my age since I'm laughing about it.... I'm In Alabama, What Can I Say!?!? HaHa

I'm halfway thru Louisiana On my way back home to Alabama
(Mick Taylor, 1978)