Too many dealers

You are just jealous because Canada has the #1 auto plant in the world. ;-)

Reply to
80 Knight

I always figured that Canada and the USA were so close together in many areas that we were more like family kin anyway.

Maybe I am just too cynical in my goldening years, but the sort of ethic and moral that I see in the USA today is not reassuring that we will give anyone strong competition in the future.

Reply to
<HLS

Personally, I believe that we are all God's children, regardless of the color of our skin or which land mass we live on.

Furthermore, I don't believe in rewarding people for shoddy work.

If someone makes a better product, regardless of where it is made, we should buy the better product.

We don't owe anyone a job, not even the people who live in Detroit.

I don't believe that our troops should have even been in Iraq, but I support the troops.

Really? Why do you wish ill will against anyone?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

For what, parts? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I totally agree. When I see a car built in Canada I think it is a good thing. I think the same of a car built in the USA. You know how I feel about car's built in countries other then those.

We will see what the future will hold. I have high hopes the Big Three will come back, we shall see.

Reply to
80 Knight

What is an American vehicle? A big 3 vehicle built anywhere, including those GM Korean built cars? A big 3 vehicle built within NAFTA (American)- USA, Canada, Mexico? A big 3 vehicle built in the USA (some say America)?

Reply to
Just Facts

That was more the case in the past, but these two very friendly countries have been going separate paths in some areas, such as in health care and war.

Reply to
who

Sort of, they were never and will never be a part of our healthcare system. I'm not so sure the Canadian system is any better.

As for war, if we had a real one, I'm confident they'd be right along side of us.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

How about Asian owned but the car built by American employed in USA plants that buy from a lot of USA suppliers? This morning's paper had an article about Honda building a new plant in Indiana. They buy billions of dollars from hundreds of US suppliers.

I don't hear the same squawking about the foreign owned gas companies and grocery chains. Some of the largest groceries are owned by British, German, and Dutch companies.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

*********** Having lived in a country where national health was a real and functioning program, I feel we are being shortchanged in the USA. Where I lived it worked, and worked VERY well.

I agree. They would not follow us into perdition, but they are staunch people with a strong moral and ethical base.

Reply to
<HLS

We always did!

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Everyone in Canada has basic universal health care.

So true. BTW Canada is right beside the USA and other NATO troops in Afghanistan. Losing lives on a regular basis as well. >:)

Reply to
who

Right, but a friend of mine died while waiting for surgery that was postponed for over a year. Like others, he was going to come to the US for it, but waited too long. It is not a perfect system.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You are correct, it isn't a perfect system. I was told I needed to have another disc removed from my back, in January. The surgery date was postponed again and again, and I just had it done this past Monday. It wasn't major surgery, but I still had to wait several months. And, the surgery was the result of a work injury. On the other hand, I can go see my Dr., make as many emergency room visits as necessary, or even use after-hours-clinics and not have to pay to use them.

Reply to
80 Knight

I went over ten years without health coverage. It became a choice of paying the rent, or paying the premiums. I guess I'd rather be on a Canadian wait-list than on an American "nothing at all"

On the other hand, if I'd been on welfare, or AFDC, then my health and dental would've been free !

In the US, they punish the working poor, but reward the welfare recipients.

Reply to
Anonymous

No system is perfect, but a wealthy person with a sore finger should not be treated ahead of a poor (or any) person with a life threatening condition.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Oh, you pay. Just as we pay for a screwed up system.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Amen. I've had many Canadian friends over the years and more than a few relatives, who like to bash the American health care system. Well, it's easy to do - it has plenty of flaws. That said, when you look at the price paid compared to the value obtained, the Canadian system seems to be no better than ours. Free services aren't worth much when you pay 50% of your income to taxes to pay for a system that only works for the trivial things. Hell - we have really cheap emergency room care and doctor visits. I still have not seen where the Canadian system has proven to be in any way superior. Maybe in concept, but not in practice.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Show me a hospital where that has actually happened. The laws state that NO hospital can refuse to treat a patient presenting a life threatening condition. They also cannot refuse treatment based on the ability or lack of to pay. You might want to look at how much health care hospitals in the US provide FREE to people. There is a LOT and it is growing all the time with all the illegals and welfare changes being made. Also look at how many hospitals are being closed down by the states they are in. In this area alone there have been 6 closed in the past 2 years. WHY? Because the liberals keep forcing more legislation to "help the poor". They seem to forget that the TRULY poor already don't pay for a lot of what they get.

Reply to
Steve W.

Oh - but it's *FREE*!! :)

Bill Putney