torsional damper size

Hey guys,
What would be the advantages or diadvantages of running a certain size of damper. My crate 290/350 chev engine calls for either a 6.75 inch or 8
inch. I do plan on adding edelbrock heads and a roller cam. What size and why?Whats the difference?
snay wrote:

6.75" - Lets the engine rev a small fraction faster, Less weight on the crank snout, smaller diameter makes it easier to fit in some engine bays.
8" - better damping due to the higher weight, easier to set timing due to larger markings, larger bolt circle allows a larger pulley for accessory drive (larger alternator, plow pump, HD stuff).
Just make sure that whatever size you use that you get the matching timing tab AND set it correctly.
--
Steve W.