TOUGH QUESTION !!

Here it is.............................
I have a '95 Buick Century.....
My clock (radio station) light comes on by a sensor I
seem to hear...doesn't seem right ??
Shouldn't the little light be on all the time ??
Per my manual for car, sensors affect the headlights,
for, they are on all the time..
If the sensor deal is true for the clock,
DOES ANYONE KNOW where the sensor is ??
Or, am I having electrical problems ??
Hard to understand your question...but here's some info:
The photocell (sensor) is usually located on the dashboard close to the windshield edge (sometimes under a vent grill). You might see what looks like a pencil eraser poking through the dash.
That's the easy part. You can check the sensor with a flashlight and meter...but getting at the wires is more of a challenge. Do you have a circuit diagram for the car? (in rear of service manual)
-Mike-

Thanks Mike, for the reply.
I do have a manual..I'll take a looksee.
I'll start at the dashboard deal.
It's a funny thing, the light comes on most of the time
in the daytime..according to the manual, the 95 has a sensor
for the headlights too, they brighten in the nighttime..
Cool, and different..love the car ! ...headlights being on
during the daytime is quite different to me as a driver of
millions of miles... : - ) CYA, Jimmy
| | Thanks Mike, for the reply. | | I do have a manual..I'll take a looksee. | | I'll start at the dashboard deal. | | It's a funny thing, the light comes on most of the time | | in the daytime..according to the manual, the 95 has a sensor | | for the headlights too, they brighten in the nighttime.. | | Cool, and different..love the car ! ...headlights being on | | during the daytime is quite different to me as a driver of | | millions of miles... : - ) CYA, Jimmy
"Different" and "funny thing" are good words for it...since it is "different/strange" from just about anyone else's cars out there. "Annoying", "non-standard" or "against generally accepted industry protocols & standards" are some better terms that come to mind for some of us. This also the opinion of a driver that has driven ~ one million miles. People that have the ability and the desire to control the basic functions of their own cars need not consider a GM-built vehicle these days. As sad and as unnecessary as that situation is...it exists and apparently won't be changing any time soon. :-(
Funny, never see posts about lighting _control_ questions in other car manufacturers news groups. You see it frequently in this one. Thanks GM for all the obvious confusion people seem to be having...much appreciated, I'm sure. [Bracing for the flames]
Well, good luck with the fix...if it's even broken. It may be working as designed! If you don't like it GM will tell you "tough" and "too bad".
well, I was being very proper and politically correct..........
It is annoying ! Goddamn annoying ! I think it is working
like GM wants it too...Otherwise, I love the car...it was a gift.
Replaced the tranny...old one went out at 120,000 miles....
... $1,500.00 for new rebuilt one...simple exhaust system....
just got pipe and muffler... $ 100.00.
It just seems like light s/be on all the time..........
| | well, I was being very proper and politically correct.......... |
No need for that here! :-) Of course the GM purests will flame you...I still have the burn marks. Although no flames this time. I guess it's the ignore tactic now <g>. Denial is a tough thing...the problem will still exist.
| It is annoying ! Goddamn annoying ! I think it is working | | like GM wants it too...
It's your car, it should work they way you want it too...something GM doesn't want to admit it got wrong, so it continues to garner a increasingly longer list of pissed-off customers (many soon-to-be ex-customers).
| Otherwise, I love the car...it was a gift. |
The cars are, otherwise, nice cars in most cases.
| Replaced the tranny...old one went out at 120,000 miles.... | | ... $1,500.00 for new rebuilt one...simple exhaust system.... | | just got pipe and muffler... $ 100.00. | | It just seems like light s/be on all the time..........

Actually, in your case, those are probably *skid* marks.;)
Although

Yes it will still exist, no matter how abnormally obsessive you are.

By golly, I think you're right!! ;)
| | > Although | > no flames this time. I guess it's the ignore tactic | > now <g>. Denial is a tough thing...the problem | > will still exist. | | Yes it will still exist, no matter how abnormally obsessive | you are.
Ah, you must be in GM management, ignore the customer's wishes and desires!
[SNIP]
As with the last 6-7 times in nearly as many weeks that this topic has come up here, I'm _not_ the one that brought it up this time either. Sorry to disappoint you...must be a lot more "obsessive" folks out there on this topic than some will admit. I'm just doing what GM management won't....and that is empathizing with the angry/confused/upset/etc. customer when they post here. GM should really be doing it, however... ;-) I know one thing...if I were making the decisions over at GM...I'd give the customers what they want, not what I _think_ they should want (and actually don't). That's just plain stupid way to do business. They need to clean house from the middle management up to the top...get some customer-friendly advocate types as management folks in there! That is painfully (no sadly) obvious.