Toyota blames costs, not UAW, for NUMMI pullout

Page 8 of 8
Sounds to me like there is a MANAGEMENT problem in that plant, if that is what you believe. LOL
My techs were members of the Machinists Union. If any of my guys did what
you suggested, I would fire them and there it not a thing the Machinists Union, or ANY Union, could do to stop me, dummy

Similar:
WAYNE -- Ken Pool is making good money. On weekdays, he shows up at 7 a.m. at Ford Motor Co.'s Michigan Truck Plant in Wayne, signs in, and then starts working -- on a crossword puzzle. Pool hates the monotony, but the pay is good: more than $31 an hour, plus benefits.
"We just go in and play crossword puzzles, watch videos that someone brings in or read the newspaper," he says. "Otherwise, I've just sat."
Pool is one of more than 12,000 American autoworkers who, instead of installing windshields or bending sheet metal, spend their days counting the hours in a jobs bank set up by Detroit automakers and Delphi Corp. as part of an extraordinary job security agreement with the United Auto Workers union.
http://fernleynews.ning.com/profiles/blogs/jobs-bank-programs-12000-paid

Who is Ken Pool? LOL
Have you ever tried to find the source of the funding for the "jobs bank," set up by Detroit automakers and Delphi Corp. as part of an extraordinary job security agreement with the United Auto Workers union?
Every UAW members and the companies both have each been paying sixty five cents and hour into the "Jobs Bank Fund," since the auto companies and the Union agreed to the contact clause! Jobs bank workers are paid from that interest bearing fund.
In addition the companies saved millions of dollars by not having to pay unemployment benefits and higher state unemployment taxes, dummy!
"Joe$#itForBrains"

Old man, the jobs bank was suspended. Try to keep up.
<http://www.autonews.com/article/20081203/ANA01/812039981/1128
I guess that means you too did not try to find the source of the funding for the "jobs bank," set up by Detroit automakers and Delphi Corp. as part of an extraordinary job security agreement with the United Auto Workers union?
The fact that the parties eliminated the job bank has nothing to do with the facts as stated in my post.
wrote:

Old man, the jobs bank was suspended. Try to keep up.
<http://www.autonews.com/article/20081203/ANA01/812039981/1128

That the job bank was eliminated was not a minor detail. One is supposedly so intune with the auto industry would know this.
Jeff

Well, well, well, rightwingnuts, I was right on the money as far as the reasons the plant is closing.
On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 10:33:26 -0400, C. E. White fired up the etcha-a-sketch and scratched out:

Heh, that's an understatement!
I've been trying to get my wife to cash in and move out of here for a dozen years.
One of my college friends lives up in Belmont, a city near San Francisco. We stopped by last month while on a road trip. Her husband suggested we look into the area for moving.
I did.
I was completely shocked. Now, I know the area we live in - near Los Angeles - is way overpriced. Housing alone goes for $300 - $350 per square foot in my area. Then there are the gas prices, excessive taxes (I just paid $550 for my annual license registration for my '06 Avalanche.)
The price for a simple no-frills house in Belmont shocked me - $550-$650 per square foot.
Add to that the taxes and extra costs, it is no wonder companies are leaving by the droves.
As for Toyota - who used to be a customer of mine - I'm not surprised their located in a nice inexpensive state like Kentucky.
--
perfectreign
www.perfectreign.com || www.ecmplace.com
On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 10:33:26 -0400, C. E. White wrote:

They spent 20 years trying to teach GM how to build cars correctly.
What's that old saying about teaching a pig to sing?