Toyota Deals the Final Blow to GM and Ford with New Engine...

Page 2 of 2
a standard cigarette lighter (an old BIC) will turn a roll of magnesium into a really bright fire...

--

(\_ _/)
Perhaps but Toyota is still is in a distant forth place in sales in the US, the world largest market. ;)

Try a respectable second.
http://www.morgancom.com/AutoSalesSummary0206.pdf
your info is apparently out of date.
nate
Mike Hunter wrote:

We can assume you are not a math major, right? LOL
Total 2005 US sales approximately 16,600,000
GM 26% 4,316,000 Ford 18% 2,988,000 Chrysler 13% 2,158,000 Toyota 11% 1,826,000
Both GM and Ford sold more light trucks alone than Lexus, Toyota and Scion sold cars and light trucks combined
mike hunt

I don't do home work for my own grand children what make you think I'll do yours? Do your own search ;)
mike hunt

Do a search so you have some idea of what you are talking about then maybe we can talk ;)
mike hunt

DH wrote:

Mike Hunt does this sort of thing frequently. Not long ago he did post the source for "information" about Hyundai automotive's financials, only he got it completely wrong and referenced the Hyundai company which does shipping and natural resources.
He has a habit of only seeing what he wants to see and can be safely ignored.
John
Once again you are not correct, I did not post Hyundai as a source for anything. I do not post sources frequently or ever, do you own home work. At most I may suggest one search a specific site, like the Congressional Record, the NHTSA or Automotive News but never a link. Do you own search and you will find the exact information I found as the basis for what I post.
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

And that is all you need to know about "Mike Hunter" and his credibility.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

I've noticed that. I suspect he's a retired GM manager, who is still seeing the car business through dark glasses.
Mike Hunter wrote:

this is true, I majored in engineering. And I meant to say "third" not "second."

In Jan '06 and for model YTD '06 Toyota is outselling Chrysler/Jeep. Ford is just barely ahead. Also if you look at
http://www.morgancom.com/automotivenews.htm
you will see that that is unlikely to change. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. It is especially sad that the foreign subsidiaries of Ford and GM make so much better products than we get here in their home market.
nate
So why don't you include Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, and Mazda in with Ford? This moves the Ford group up to around 18.5% of the US market. Seems only fair since the Toyota group includes vehicle built in various locations, including some built under contract and by partially owned subsidiaries. Ditto for GM and DiamlerChryler. Seems unfair to tout Toyota's success while ignoring the fact that the "big three" are really worldwide companies that build and sell cars around the world.
Ed

Three reasons...
1) those vehicles are not designed in the US for the most part
2) the first set of stats that I found were broken down by brand and solely concerned the US market, which is what we were discussing
3) they are, for the most part, significantly better than the US-designed and branded vehicles from those companies, which was part of the point that I was trying to make :)
nate