Toyota, GM, and Ford differences

Page 3 of 12  


As a matter of fact, I have not heard of the ongoing brake problems with Honda.
My son has owned several Hondas since his first in 1990, and I asked him about the issue. He says he has never had a problem with them.
What are you referring to?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The tendency for many Hondas to overheat front rotors, that eat up linings and rotors. Nest time you walk down a busy city street take note of all the Hondas that you see parked that have wheels, particularly aluminum wheels, that are brown or blacked with brake and rotor dust. ;)
mike hunt

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Hunter wrote:

So, what was the deal with the front rotors and pads on the Malibu?... and the three trips to the garage to get the gas guage problem fixed?...and the four trips within a five week period to get the temperature guage problem fixed?.. all in less than 35000 km.
Sammy

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Surely you don't think your vehicle is the only one to has problems? The point is no manufacture makes a perfect vehicle, they all make some that are not up to par, that is why they all offer a warranty. Every manufacture statically makes between 1% to just over 2% that are problematic. Buying a particular brand hopping you will not get on of the 2% is an effort in futility. The odds are far greater one will get one of the 98% that are great vehicles, not matter whose brand in on the hood.
mike hunt
.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

with
him
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Like we believe your stories

;)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Can we assume you are not a math major or even a gambler? LOL
PS. Both Toyota and Ford as well as other manufacture had bad experiences with head gaskets after the government instituted a ban on asbestos. Ford replace bad head gaskets for up to eight years or 100K. Toyota would not do so past 60K 5yrs for their customers
mike hunt

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Hunter wrote:

"Statically"?
The average number of initial quality defects is around 1-4, and in the first year roughly 10-30% of the cars will have a problem that the owner feels requires attention, with the best rate being about 5%. I don't know what you mean by "problematic" or how you get the 1-2% rate, unless you're referring to outright lemons with gross or high numbers of defects.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Top-posting troll Mike Hunter wrote:

Idiot. Brake dust on the wheels is NOT a sign of over-heated or inadequate brakes. Many cars use softer pads for better performance and feel - look at any BMW that hasn't had it's wheels recently cleaned.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

True. Look at Volvos as well. My the crap that comes out here in an attempt to be negative about "so called" imports.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Really? I never said it was a problem exclusive to Honda or imports. Why then does this condition only occur on the front wheels of certain vehicles, like those mentioned, and why only on the front wheels on vehicles with four wheel discs? LOL
mike hunt
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Top-posting troll Mike Hunter wrote:

Stupid troll. I can't believe that even a top-posting retard like yourself is unaware that the front brakes do the vast majority of the work, especially on a FWD car.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
No kidding genius! Any fool even your should know that is why SOME cars are having problems with front brakes, because the rears are not doing what they were designed to do, and eating up pads and rotors while other are not have that problem. .
mike hunt

Bottom posting DZZY, idot, moron, stupid or whatever he is calling himself today wrote

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Top posting troll Mike Hunter wrote:
(top posting corrected)

Read what I wrote again. Dust on the front wheels does not indicate a "problem". Different companies use different types of pads; some are dustier than others.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

To educate you Mike it depends on the design of the brake pads and wheel covers. My 4 wheel disk brake Concord leaves only a modest amount of visible pad dust. My wife's 4 wheel disk Sebring leaves much more visible pad dust. One obvious difference in these cars is the much more open wheels on the Sebring which improves cooling of the brakes.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
razz wrote:

That's not what internal GM documents from the early 1990s said, the newest ones I know about.
Honda, Toyota, and maybe Subaru have made the overall Japanese quality tally better than Ford's or GM's, while Suzuki, Isuzu, and maybe Nissan have been nothing special.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Sorry , that's just not what I see at the Toyota dealer near me . Service department is ALWAYS dead .

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
So is your brain. Like I said, I worked at one and the bays were just as full as anyone else.
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
razz wrote:

Hmmm, the average Toyota dealer in the US sells three times as many vehicles as does the average GM dealer, so your observations don't really mean a whole lot.
John
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The is factually incorrect. Perhaps you meant to say the average dealer, that sells Toyota BRAND vehicles sells more vehicles per dealership? Since there are far fewer Toyota brand dealership, than say the average Chevrolet dealer or Buick dealer which would be factually correct. The ratios is nowhere near three times as many however. In the US an average GM dealership sells far more vehicles than an average Toyota MOTOR Company dealerships sell Toyotas, Lexus and Scion vehicles. FMC and Chrysler Motors dealers sell more vehicles, on average, the Toyota Motors dealers, as well.
One needs to peruse Toyotas press releases and ads carefully. Toyota missives have a tendency to confuse buyers. The only vehicle that Toyota Motor Company sell in the US, in a comparably high volume is the Camry that sells at a rate over 600K, and some what the Corolla. Nearly all of their other models sell in volumes less the 300K. Toyota for example gives the impression they sell more cars than any other manufacture in the US, which in not factually correct. The sell more cars with the same brand name on the hood but not more cars with more than one brand name on the hood. GM and Ford sell more cars. In addition GM, Ford, and Chrysler to a lesser extent, sell trucks alone in numbers two to three times greater than any cars Toyota sells .
mike hunt

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.