Toyota Quality

Maybe the fact that GM eventually installed low coolant sensors in the radiator tank would give YOU a clue.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Hi!

I don't care about their quality. I wish they'd quit blaring their advertising on the radio in my CHEVY. Not going to buy one, not interested in the slightest, don't care that it's snowing and blowing and that this seemingly means it is time for Toyotathon. Go away.

I just don't like this idea at all. Call me silly, but...

Well, let's see. The computer responds to the ignition switch and its positioning. It decides what to do when the accelerator is pressed and breaks any direct connection you have. I know these sorts of things don't fail often, but I don't like the possibility of a "turn off now, dammit" request being ignored when all other means of stopping have failed.

I guess my unwillingness to drive a vehicle with an electronic throttle is going to limit my choices.

It might curl up in the cold. I had some cheap plastic mats that would do this in my S-10. So one night I went to stamp down (and yes, I probably knew better) a raised up spot in the mat. It ended up pushing the gas pedal down so hard that I lit up the tires right there in the grocery store parking lot.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

I guess for the same reason they have a parking brake light. Apparently not everyone is smart enough to check the coolant level on occasion, or to disengage the parking brake every time before driving. LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I never take the cap off, I just look at the level in the overflow container. There is a line on it to show "full"

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And that's the problem. If there is a leak into the cooling system such as a failed gasket or burned thru upper plenum, air will be sucked back into the cooling system instead of coolant from the overflow bottle defeating the purpose of the translucent overflow bottle.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

It sounds like you've got some anger issues, particularly toward Toyota, for whatever reason. And just because you're driving one particular brand of car, that means that you shouldn't have to listen to ads for other brands of cars while in your car?

Reply to
Eric O.

I've been following the "Toyota Battle" here, and one question comes up;

An earlier post talks of "sludge buildup in Toyota engines"

How can that be ? Other than getting coolant in the oil, I thought that modern ( detergent ) oils made sludge a thing of the past.

I remember a recent SHELL (?) commercial where they showed a torn-down engine after several thousand miles of SHELL..... The oil chambers looked better than "factory new"

???

Reply to
Anonymous

The irony...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The 87's were of a different series and didnt have the problems that the Series II had

Reply to
hls