Toyota set to surpass GM in 2007

Page 3 of 3

over
way
Actually, 80Knight's attitude has nothing to do with why GM is where they are. He's not hiding from the truth about GM, he's only saying that if you get so much joy out of Toyota news and Honda news, etc. then take it to those newsgroups. It does not affect anything to post that crap here.

So - posting a bunch of GM bashing for no other reason than to do exactly that, serves some more noble purpose?

There - it didn't take long to turn this into a personal attack simply because a fellow posted his own opinion which happened to be contrary to yours. 80Knight is right - fellows like you only post your stuff to stir up trouble.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

That is true...80 Knights attitude has nothing to do with GM's situation. Read my post though, the context was the attitude, not the person providing the example of the attitude. The reality is if a company has the attitude of telling their customers "if you don't like it leave", most will accommodate the request and leave. Few of us stay being treated that way...but some of us are hanging on for dear life!

For the record, I've never owned a vehicle made by any company other than GM, Ford or Chrysler. I've never directly owned stock in any other car company other than GM. I come from several generations of nearly exclusive GM owners on both sides of the family. There certainly is no joy to be found in the current reality.

Do you disagree that this would be the result if the attitude to the customer is "like it or leave it"?

No, just an observation of the attitude that it mirrored a real experience dealing with GM customer service in the past. Nothing personal.
Bottom line...positive change almost never happens unless things get stirred up. It's always been that way and it always well be. Companies I know do indeed keep a pulse on what the public is saying...from many sources, including newsgroups.
For what it's worth, I believe GM makes some of the best vehicles around. The charge that their product is inferior just ain't so in my book. The problem, from my anecdotal experience, is not with the product but it is how the owner is treated in resolving issues and such after the sale (compared with competitors I've also dealt with).