Toyota set to surpass GM in 2007

That logic only goes so far. The intake gasket problems ran for 15 years. No company - not even GM stocks inventory for a 15 year run up front. This was nothing more than neglect of a design problem foisted on the consuming public.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Again, I agree Dave, but my point was that executives do not rely on usenet as the forum for that input. I bet your company didn't either. As you stated, (regardless of our own opinions...) Consumer Reports and other critical assessment vehicles make far more reliable forums. Dealer feedback is another very valuable forum for the manufacturers. There's no shortage of input and I'm quite certain the manufacturers are well aware of what is being said about them.

Reply to
Mike Marlow