Toyota the great

Lets all praise toyota

Tom

This is ridiculous. NHTSA should fine itself. I am sure Toyota had a problem and I am sure Toyota worked to minimize the NHTSA response to the complaints of unintended acceleration, BUT NHTSA had tons of complaints and was warned by State Farm Insurance that there was a problem. NHTSA decided to accept a half-baked Toyota explanation and let things slide. Only after the press jumped on Toyota did NHTSA go into ass covering mode and try to pretend they were shocked that there was a problem.

If NHTSA had done it's job in 2007, there would have been no media feeding frenzy over Toyota UA this year.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

and other aisian countrys are sucking the life blood out of this country

Reply to
tc

They supply a far better product than the likes of GM.

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

HA Ha Ha I hope your job is next how's that.

Reply to
Tom

You and Mikey, thanking GM for their gaskets, Dexcool, engine designs, ad nauseum. Wonderful engineering there, you two must be sincerely grateful for such excellence.

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

Perhaps if TOYOTA had done ITS job right TOYOTA would not have been required to recall 9,500,000 vehicles around the world, TOYOTA would not be facing the largest fine in the history of the NHTSA, TOYOTA owners would not be seeing the resale value of their TOYOTA heading into the dumper at the Manheim Auctions all around the country and the TOYOTA Prius would not be the butt of daily jokes on the late night TV shows? ;(

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I guess we can assume you have not read the reports on the latest consumer surveys, read the CAFE Guide or any of the car buff mags, if THAT is what you choose to believe? LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You are confused, if you are going to compare 20 year old cars you better take a look at the old Toyota junk before you post.

Do a bit of research, if you do you will discover the fact is GMs cars, TODAY, are rated among the best on the market TODAY.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I am trying to figure out who you are replying to. I do think Toyota had problems with UA. I don't think they are as serious as the press coverage implies. I don't think it it the electronics. I do think Toyota tired to the minimize the problems in an effort to avoid a recall(s). This is standard Toyota operating procedure. Toyota has a long history of denying problems and/or trying to deflect blame. However, in this case NHTSA opened an investigation. Toyota cooperated by supplying the requested information. Instead of actually conducting a thorough investigation, NHTSA accepted a half baked Toyota explanation and closed the investigation despite a very high number of complaints and warnings from State Farm Insurance. Whether this was the result of an overworked agency taking the easy way out or a result of influence from former NHTSA employees working for Toyota, I cannot say. It doesn't matter. NHTSA should have done a better job in 2007. If they had, Toyota probably would have had to recall some cars for the floor mat and accelerator pedal issues, but it would have been low key and had no effect on sales.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

GM to Use Brake Safety Measure Worldwide

Why is GM waiting 2 years? Double standard?

Reply to
Canuck57

Just one standard yours, everything GM does is wrong, the fact that GM donsnt have a problem now and your jap friends do, makes GM wrong in your eyes. MY hope is that GM and Chrysler do good and grow to become a profitable company again just to piss you off. Don't like the US fine you don't have to live here, don't like canada fine don't live there, Always Cuba, Mexico, Iran etc. Bye Bye.

Reply to
Tom

GM went bankrupt, by definition they were wrong. Poor business decisions, poor engineering, poor vision and the list goes on and on and on. The "new" GM will repeat the process. Now is a great time to get a good deal on a new Toyota Tom. Or Honda. Have a nice day Tom :-)

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

very sad in your world, maybe when you grow up and get a real job and a family you will see things differently

Reply to
Tom

Ever heard GM admit they make crap? GM is always going to say they make the best even if they don't.

GM has no chance. Even though they might actually not be bleeding as much tax dollars as last year, it is too little for them to survive. GM has to find a way to make good cars under $10K and make money. It is a stretch of the imagination GM can pull it off. And if they did, it would importing what they sell. As a domestic manufacturer, the economics don't exist to be truly profitable.

Over 16 months on life support, $170 billion less debt to service and they still can't make money.

Get real. GM will just keep on sucking.

Reply to
Canuck57