Toyota to create independent quality panel

It would never enter GM's head to creat such a panel, least of all one that had teeth-the Short Circuit is coming (maybe)

Toyota to create independent quality panel

Jim Higgins

I suppose when one has 9,500,000 cars being recalled for so many problems one would suspect the they would do SOMETHING to solve all of their problems

Reply to
Mike Hunter

As Toyota sees and treats this is an opportunity to get a contact with their customers and treat them to a cup of coffee and a chat.

That is the difference between a customer oriented company and an other just interested in taxpayer money.

Reply to
Björn Helgaso

I think it is silly to act as if Toyota wasn't interested in "money" no matter what the source. They are not giving you a cup of coffee becasue they love you. They don't build cars as a charitable operation. Toyota is just as willing to take government money as is GM. Over the years Toyota has taken plentty from the Japanese government. They also gotten plenty from US States Governments that were encouraged to bid for the oppurtunity to have a Toyota plant located in their jurisdiction. And even the US Federal Government has gotten into the act of subsidizing Toyota - what was the tax rebate for hybrid cars but a Toyota subsidy?

So instead of buying all the moonbeam and puppy dog BS that Toyota likes to project, look behind the curtain occasionally. You'll see the same sort of ruthless capitalist that sit in the GM headquarters. I have nothing against capitalism, but I don't let PR men snow me with the sort of PR BS Toyota is spewing out these days.

Oh by the way. If you want to tell me how lucky states are to get Toyota plants, consider that the states are that loose GM plants are unlucky. Basically Toyota is killing off relatively high paying jobs in the uper mid-west and turning them into lower paying jobs in the south. Maybe that is a good thing for America as a whole, but if you are in the states losing jobs, it probably is hard to see the advantage. You only have to look at the current Toyota witch hunts being held by Congress to see how this transfer of jobs (and money, and power) is creating new divisions in the US.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White