Toyota troubles

I know that most of you on this newsgroup are here to only bash GM, but you need to see MSNBC today Toyota owners are reporting the gas pedal fix
doesn't work also the brake override system has a delay of a few seconds check it out

I read the commentary.
Our Avalon accelerates BRISKLY when cruise control takes over after a slowdown or on a hill. I have not found it to be dangerous, but certainly brisk. It has always shut down when I hit the brake and always responds to the cruise paddle control.
I could see that this would alarm some people but what I have seen is not dangerous per se.
One would not like this to happen in inclement weather conditions, in a curve, for example. But in our case, the laser cruise control drops out when rain begins.
The car can be forced to run in manual cruise control mode, at the discretion (or lack thereof) of the driver.