toyota troubles

Funny all the gm bashers on this group posted lies, speculations, many stories bad about gm, but if someone posts something bad about toyota they
are salam witch hunters. same shoe different foot.

No lies but the truth sure hurts
Tom wrote:

I have no horse in this race, but you have to admit that, though there do seem to be some genuine problems at Toyota, at least some (not all) of the information on the Toyota problems that is floating around out there borders on hysteria, appears to be manufactured for any number of reasons (personal reasons or political?), and doesn't pass the smell test.
I think you're seeing reaction to all that combined with the unpalatable arrangements entered into between our gubmint and GM - you have to admit that the gubmint's aggressiveness with Toyota is a little over the top (prejudiced), and it is questionable that they would be taking such an active role if it was GM with the present problems - IOW - a conflict of interest due to the arrangement with GM.
--
Bill Putney

Gm problems are almost behind them, payroll reductions elimination of health care reduction in outstanding debt. China doing well opel under control eliminate ALL salary retiree benefits, new product receiving good reviewsl, lot of new product coming in the near future, more cash on hand than anytime in the past few year. in the process of paying back the first loan and the gov. stands a good chance to get most of their money back thru stock sales and probable much more from employee income taxes, that would have been lost if the gov. would have let them fail. there are 10s of thousands of people that would have lost their jobs. 6K dealers and employees, many suppliers, ad agencies, trucking companys etc. Those are just the american jobs. They would have been lost just like the steel, textiles, electronic, etc. all gone.
On 13/03/2010 1:06 PM, tc wrote:

They might just be begining. First off this generation of people know the stench of a corporation saddling the taxpayers with debt.
GM isn't without it's quality issues, engine fires, brakes, steering columns, plastic maifolds and the like that never had a congressional hearing. Ditto Ford and Firestone or Chrylser and Minivan transmissions.
While GM has moved it's debt to the taxpayers, its credit rating is so bad I bet it couldn't loan $10M at a rate less than 15%. Even then I would question the sanity of lending GM money. They are now a ward of the state in the Obama marxist order.
The jobs are already lost. Prop up GM and Chrysler hurts. Prop up Chrylser, GM hurts. People are not buying cars like they used to so one way or another the auto business is shrinking. Save a GMer and lay someone else off is what is happening.
--
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

The GM boss had two employees Jack and Jill. He needed to fire one but could not decide. He called Jill into his room and told her he could not decide if he should lay her or Jack off. She told him he should Jack off because she would not want to.
On 13/03/2010 2:36 PM, Bjrn Helgason wrote:

LMAO, that is funny. But my guess is at GM, Jill got the axe because she wouldn't screw around.
--
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

That is spelled "Salem", by the way.
I never posted a lie about GM, but I have complained bitterly about their shitty products over the years. I own two Toyotas now.. If they turn out to be shitty, I will complain about them too.

There were indications today that the runaway Prius in California may have been a hoax. Wouldnt be the first time.