Toyotas & Honda

Page 2 of 3
Perhaps, IF you talk to someone who has owned a FLEET of the SAME model(s,) but certainly not to someone only owned ONE of them. Just because you
owned ONE that was problematic, or was not problematic, does not mean the ONE someone else buys will be the same, be it good or bad.
For example you keep harping about bad GM vehicles when obviously most people who are CURRENTLY still buy more vehicles from GM than any other brand, do not agree with your assessment of the one or several that you may have found to be problematic. Good be you abused, or did not properly maintained, the one or few you owned.
A manufacturer does not continue to sell more than any other manufacture of the same product if all they made were turned out to be problematic, dummy.

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:23:40 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

one?????
Disproves your theory, methinks.

On 18/03/2010 2:24 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

And Olds Firenza, Bobcat, Geo...
Or how about if the plastic manifold goes just outside of warranty.
I thinks you are right.
And Mike does not want to admit GM is #1 only in defunct debt. Sure isn't sales.
--
--------------
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

Does that mean if you asked ten Vega owners and they told you they were great cars, that you would buy one?

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:48:28 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

No. I just said just because people continued to buy the crap didn't mean they were good - and that the theory GM must be making good cars because so many people continued to buy them was a flawed theory.

Get real, you answered you own question when you said no. Buyers do not continue to buy the same brand over and over if one or two that they owned was problematic, period

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:24:50 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Still living in the past are you...

at the bottom of the heap come American.
--
Clive

Clive wrote:

It depends on the model. Some American cars are great, other suck. American cars were more likely to bad than Japanese cars, although I don't know if that is still the case.

Depends on who you listen to. Consumer Reports reliability list is similar to what you describe, although Ford is ahead of the Germans even there. Here's the very latest JD Power Dependability data (released yesterday):
http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/news/pressrelease.aspx?ID 10034
The top brand vehicles:
1) Porsche 2) Lincoln 3) Buick 4) Lexus 5) Mercury 6) Toyota 7) Honda 8) Ford 9) Mercedes 10) Acura
Note there are NO Korean makes in the top 10 (only Hyundai is above industry average). You really can't judge by regional origination any more - you have to look at each manufacturer closely. I trust the Power data a more than the CR data because their methodology is more scientific.
On 19/03/2010 7:20 PM, Derek Gee wrote:

Give JDPower money, and they will print what you like. Guaranteed.
Probably sampled that in Detroit.
--
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

BS - if that were the case, why wouldn't Toyota be #1 every year, they have the most money to buy off the survey.
On 20/03/2010 10:28 AM, Derek Gee wrote:

The fact that is missing BMW tells me it is BS. I would prize the BMW brand over Buick and Mercury any day. If I lined up a BMW, Buick and Mercury and gave you a choice of which one is yours to keep, you would make strait for the BMW.
Or I would.
--
Politicians don't provide GM anything, the tax payers do.

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling

piss out of people, it does make some serious points. German manufacturers tend to be in a group, whether Merc, BMW, Opel or Ford, and they have made the point that considering the makers, Ford "stack em high and em cheap" whereas BMW "stack em high and sell them expensive" . Us British know that Ford are cheaper than BMW, that doesn't make them inferior, just that prats with money will give it away to impress their friends. Remember when Ford owned Jaguar, nearly all the Jaguar parts were standard to the Mondeo, or Mundane as it was known this side of the pond.
--
Clive

But the list is for long term reliability. I know a few BMW owners that love the cars, but not the maintenance. My experience is limited, but last time I went to NYC with a friend in a Beemer, I took the train home, he took a tow truck. But they are lots more fun to drive than the Buick or Mercury

I've always said anyone who thinks he's someone, or wants to show he's done well for himself needs to own one BMW and one Cadillac.
One of each will be enough!

Can't be BS - even Consumer Reports note they have problems. "Reliabilty has dropped for some models." p15 April 2010 issue If you dig further in the issue (pgs 40-41), the specific models with problems are:
BMW 1 series BMW 5 series BMW X3 BMW X5
All are below average or well below average according to them. Not acceptable for a #1.
Derek
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling