tranny problems

GMC with a 400 tranny. Delays when cold "in all gears". It's fine after it's warm. Pump maybe?

Maybe

Reply to
HLS

Let me go a little further. Pump problem is typical reason for the delays when cold.

It isnt the only reason.

Reply to
HLS

Depending on the miles, and the frequency of use versus storage, it sounds like you could possibly have piston seals that have hardened and don't start sealing until they warm. By saying in all gears, do you mean that the vehicle moves and delays shifting, or you have a delayed engagement in all ranges? Typically, what I have described would be a cause for delayed engagement. Used to be known as 'morning sickness'.

Reply to
Certainly

Change tranny fluid + filter. Clogged filter will cause this sympton in cold weather.

-JS

Reply to
Question Authority