Tranny R&I on 92 Chevy Caprice

Hello,
Can anybody tell me how long it should take to remove and install a rebuilt tranny in a 92 Chevy Caprice? One factor to consider is we don't have a
hoist, we're working on the ground with jackstands. My "mechanic" is on day 3 now of installing this and it sure seems like a long time. Thanks.
Patrick Happy Taxi Corona, CA 951-277-TAXI

With a lift and a transmission jack, around 5 to 6 hours book time.
Laying on your back, under a car with little room to work, 4 days wouldn't be bad for a first timer. Charles
If he is charging you by the hour this is a problem, the flat rate time is 3.5 hours.

He's obviously not done this before then.
With the really big, fat, tall 4 point jackstands and a tranny jack pulling a trans isn't that bad. But if your using the cheapo 3 point jackstands and trying to yank it out with a floor jack, good fragging luck. I hope he doesen't bend or break off anything valuable in the process.
Ted