Tranny R&I on 92 Chevy Caprice

Hello,

Can anybody tell me how long it should take to remove and install a rebuilt tranny in a 92 Chevy Caprice? One factor to consider is we don't have a hoist, we're working on the ground with jackstands. My "mechanic" is on day

3 now of installing this and it sure seems like a long time. Thanks.

Patrick Happy Taxi Corona, CA

951-277-TAXI
Reply to
patrick

With a lift and a transmission jack, around 5 to 6 hours book time.

Laying on your back, under a car with little room to work, 4 days wouldn't be bad for a first timer. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

If he is charging you by the hour this is a problem, the flat rate time is

Reply to
David J and Lynne J Shepherd

He's obviously not done this before then.

With the really big, fat, tall 4 point jackstands and a tranny jack pulling a trans isn't that bad. But if your using the cheapo 3 point jackstands and trying to yank it out with a floor jack, good fragging luck. I hope he doesen't bend or break off anything valuable in the process.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt