transmission 1997 GMC ExtCub

I have a 1997 GMC extCub 4x4 350 goes forward no reverse. No loud noises, just won't go backwards. Quoted 6 hrs out and 6 hours back in plus time to see the problem. Total cost $3600. Please any suggestions about the problem.

Reply to
gordo1946

I don't know where you're located, but that's high. A complete tranny job is typically between $2K and $3K here in upstate NY, and usually on the lower side of that.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Forgot to state where I was from. Live in British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
gordo1946

Go to a few independent trannie shops and get quotes. Did anyone pull the pan off when they checked it before?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz