Transmission(?) Leak

Hello All, My '93 Chevy G20 Van 5.0, with an automatic transmission has developed a tr= ansmission leak. This vehichle is rarely used, and sits parked nose down on= a very slight decline. It hasn't been started for a few weeks, but I notic= ed last night that a very recent puddle of fluid has been deposited on the = driveway. A check revealed that the nose at the rear of the tranny is wet, = which make me think seal. The weird part is that the drip is coming from th= e tranny's universal joint yoke at the driveshaft. I saw it drip and wonder= ed why it would wick itself, uphill, to the universal. Although the nose(?)= is obviously wet, it is not dripping. The only drip is at the universal jo= int. Common? How/why would this thing start to leak after sitting idle for = so long? Is the seal the only concern here? Thanks.

Reply to
dplayer