Trouble setting and releasing parking brake on '95 Delta 88

A co-worker of mine is trying to figure out the parking brake her 1995 Delta 88 Royale LS. I've never worked on that kind of car before, so I'm taking everything she is telling me at face-value.
She tells me that the only thing she can find relating to the parking brake is a pedal marked "push to release", and that she cannot find any way to set the brake. Thinking that she might have made a mistake, I mentioned that some of the cars I've worked on have a pedal that sets the brake, and that the brake was automatically released when the car was put into gear. She tells me she's sure the pedal is to release the parking brake, and that there are no visible means of setting it.
Having never worked on a Delta 88, and having not seen the car, I'm in no position to debate the question. So I appeal to those of you who can give me a definite answer: how exactly, does the parking brake on a '95 Delta 88 operate?
Thanks in advance!
The pedal is the brake. Push to set, push to release. GW
Matt Senecal wrote:

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey
Thank you!