TUNE UP ?

Auto shops in my area are offering "tune-ups" in the range of $129 > $149.

Just what is a "tune up" these days ?

Plugs are 100K items ... no points. No timing or dwell to set.. no carb to adjust.

Can't count an oil change, fluid check tire pressure, or belt check as "tune-up"... that'd be a part of regular maintenance.

All that's left is "change the air filter"

So what's a tune-up these days ? ????

Reply to
Anonymous

As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as a "tune-up" anymore. There is only regular maintenance items like the air filter, plugs, and fuel filter, but they all have such different mileage/time replacement intervals that you couldn't really sell them all at the same time.

The other item that could be done is some sort of air/fuel service. Injector flush and cleaning the throttle body...that type of thing.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I really dont know what a tune up is anymore, but also remember that timing is no longer adjustable.

Reply to
Max Power