Turn signal problem

Turn signals stopped working on both sides, however the hazard lights work fine. I replaced the flasher unit (there's only one), and still the same thing.
None of the turn signal lights are burnt out.
If I manually shift the turn signal arm up and down, up and down, the signal lights work fine.
Any ideas?
There are TWO flashers, not just one. Sounds like you replaced the good one.