turn signal problems

Turn signals stopped working on both sides, however the hazard lights work fine. I replaced the flasher unit (there's only one), and still the same thing.
None of the turn signal lights are burnt out.
If I manually shift the turn signal arm up and down, up and down, the signal lights work fine.
Any ideas?
Vehicle make model and year?

Dom wrote:

Sounds like a bad wiring harness ground, remove screw that grounds lights harness [ one front, one rear ] clean terminal, replace with stainless steel screw, paint over, and enjoy bright lights
Dom wrote:

Your 1992 Pontiac Grand Am has two flashers.
Dom emailed me and said it's a 1991 Corsica. Without looking up specific information on this vehicle, I am guessing it has two flashers, like most GMs, and you replaced the wrong one. If the signal light comes on but doesn't flash when you flick the switch, then the switch is working. I am 99.99% sure your flasher is gone and you just replaced the wrong one.
If you have trouble finding the right one, I'm sure someone here can tell you where it is, if not I will look it up tomorrow.
Steve

I finally figured it out. I posted to the following site below:
http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/Where_is_the_flasher_for_turning_signals_located_on_a_1991_Corsica
Remove the cover under the steering column, then remove the cover over the pedals.
Looking at the steering column, three inches directly to the left is a bracket mounted vertically. On the other side of the bracket is a 'convenience center'. You can see the convenience center better by using a mirror. On the convenience center are three items: 1) A brown component which has a speaker which beeps when you don't fasten your seatbelt. 2) A white relay for your horn. 3) On top of the white relay is the hazard lights flasher.
The signal light flasher is above the convenience center. Don't try looking for it because you can't see it, even with a mirror. To get the signal flasher out, look at the bracket located three inches to the left of the steering column. One inch from the top of the bracket is a small square hole about 3/8 inch square. Look closely and you'll see a clip is mounted in this hole. This clip is holding the signal flasher, which is connected to two wires. Wiggle this clip out of the hole with a screwdriver.
Once the clip is free, you should be able pull the two wires and the flasher down and replace the flasher. Don't try to put the clip back into it's original position - just tape it somewhere under the dash.