Turn Signals and Brake Lights...

I have a 97 Chevy Cavalier. While driving, the break lights and turn signals will stop working. Then out of no where, they will come back on. I checked all the fuses and connections and everything seems to be fine. I brought it to the mechanic and the brake lights and turn signals were working so there was nothing they could do. an hour after leaving the mechanic?s, they stopped working. Anyone have similar problems and/or suggestions?

Thanks!

Reply to
Vicki52186

Sounds like a loose ground somewhere where all the rear lights are grounded in the back. Or possibly the light holders are getting wet and corroding the contacts between the connector and bulb. Maybe try spraying some electrical contact cleaner and then put a dab of lithium grease in each connector.

Sharky

Reply to
Sharky

Probable bad turn sig switch.