TURN THE KEY + "NOTHING" ???

ha, now recently, on the first startup in the morning, I turn the key, and, NOTHING happens, you know, it's supposed to make noises, and feel vibrations, and then when you grab the
lever, it's supposed to move back or forth..? NOTHING lights up, nothing......
THEN, I just wait a few seconds, kindly move the autoshift lever a little up + down, then it starts up.
Weird, just went to AUTOZONE, he said it could be in the steering column - ignition - linkage.....
What do you think?
AND, .........how tough is it to take apart the steering column on my
1995 Buick Century 3100 3.1 liter V6 ?
Thanks again,
kind of happy with my car because it does run STRONG, other than this recent blemish on it's record.
On 16 Oct 2006 08:35:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

-------hmm, maybe tommorrow a.m., I'll put it in neutral and see if it does the same thing....thnx
------any idea where that switch would be located?
NickySantoro wrote:

Yeah, it definitely sounds like one of the protection mechanisms for the transmission to me. Iffy switches are great. I have headlight switches in my Beretta that I'm SHOCKED actually passed inspection--I told the guy "You have to tap the switch THIS way and they'll stay on just fine" and they did...yeah...