Type W V6 Throttle Damper

I have a '93 GMC van with the type W V6. On the top left side of the engine (looking from under the hood back), is a peice of linkage that goes from the throttle lever to a rubber bellows on the top left side
of the engine. I suspect its some sort of damper, but am not sure. The metal bracket on the back of the belows , that holds to linkage is broken, so it is no longer conected to the throttle lever.
My questions are: first what is the bellows, and what does does it do. Second, can I drive it without it? Is it possible to just replace the bellows? Finally is there an easy way to get it out of there?

Sounds like the cruise control unit, you can drive without this as long as the linkage to the throttle body is not binding or interfering with anything else, you may want to disconnect it permanently from the throttle linkage.

Bingo. That's what it is .Thanks Shep. I guess that is why it isn't pictured in any of the 3 factory tech manuals I have on it.