U.S. car companies do poorly in survey

U.S. car companies do poorly in survey http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060302/BUSINESS01/603020472/1014
Japanese cars rule in reliability - Mercury sole Big 3 brand in Consumer
Reports' top 10 http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060302/AUTO01/603020376/1148
-- "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."
John Wayne
One more indication as to why these type of reports should be take with a grain of salt. Mercurys are after all Fords with different styling and trim levels ;)
mike hunt

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060302/BUSINESS01/603020472/1014
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060302/AUTO01/603020376/1148

So true, but would you agree that it makes more sense to not blindly trust and believe an anonymous poster to a new group?
By that I mean, a writer for a major magazine is held accountable for the things he has written. A news group poster can post anything he wants without accountability to anybody.
We all know of a number of "domestic car manufacturer cheerleaders" now don't we ? They seem to post a lot of opinions that they call truth".
I'm not cheering for any manufacture simply posting facts to debunk all of the anti-GM crap, posted by foreign car owners in this GM NG. Everything I post is factual, if you want to do a search for facts. If these reports were to believed Ford and Mercury should be side by side in any comparison since most are the same vehicles with different styling and trim levels.
How is it none, if any, of the so called most dependable vehicles are not the best selling among it competitors? In the real world the truest survey as to which are the best among its comparators is the ones that sell the most. ;)
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

Yeah, that's right, just because something is popular means it *has* to be good. Just like the speakers you buy at Wal-Mart are better than studio monitors. geez, you never cease to amaze.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

The Camry is supposed to be the number one selling sedan in the USA, not the number one selling car. This was quoted in a network documentary last Sunday, whether or not it true and documentable.
Rumors and Proproganda 101
Confirm the source! Confirm the authenticity! Laugh it off!
Some dream examples:
The Cadillac Deville is supposed to be the number one selling sedan in Japan, not the number one selling car? This was quoted in a Japanese network documentary last Sunday, whether or not it true and documentable?
Can you imagine if the US Department of Defense got hard up and published bids for toyota staff cars?
Can you imagine if the White House got hard up and published bids for toyota limos?
Can you imagine if Brinks got hard up and published bids for toyota armored cars?
Can you imagine if trucking industry got hard up and published bids for toyota Class 7 & 8 Trucks with Luberfiner rice oil filters?
What do you do with a rice burner in recent years that have soft camshafts that have a useful life of only 20,000 miles?
SNIP
The Camry is indeed the number one selling single CAR but NOT the number one selling vehicle. The Camry is the number FOUR selling vehicle in the US. The number one selling single vehicle is the Ford F150, by nearly twice as many as the Camry. The Silverado is number two and the Doge Ram is number three, all of which outsell the Camry in big numbers. The total numbers are available on the US Commerce Department web site for those willing to do a search.
mike hunt

You are free to believe whatever you chose I could not care less what you believe.. You only posted base prices that did not even include shipping, not real world prices. You must be a used car buyer, if you want to be enlightened do your own homework, go get a drive home price on several 2006 models
mike hunt

By what you post I guessed you were an used car buyer. You obviously know little about what it costs to drive home a new vehicle today. ;)
mike hunt

However quality levels can be quite different. Over the years I've rented many different cars. The Pontiac GA and the similar Malibu were surprisingly quite different. I judged the Pontiac very good, but the Malibu poor, mainly due to the poor design and quality of the interior.
That is only your opinion and it may be true or not, but all the CVs and the GMs are built with the same basic materials on the same assemble line in a plant in Canada. ;)
mike hunt

> On 3/3/2006 10:12 PM ... Mike Hunter wrote:

Yea, but some are built on Mondays and Fridays! ;-) Everybody knows you don't want a car built on Mondays and Fridays!