Unlock RDS Radio

I recently purchased a Delco RDS CD/Cassette player, and installed it in my 2003 Chevy Impala, once installed it read "LOCKED"....................Can anyone assist me in unlocking the unit.............Thanks...........

Reply to
weekend mechanic

Sorry - can't help you directly, but there have been quite a few posts on this in the recent past. DAGS a bit and I think you'll come up with quite a bit of information.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

That radio is VIN locked. A dealer will have to hook it to the computer and alter the VIN code to unlock it. They will need the receipt showing you bought the radio legally before they will do it though. Last I knew it was about 50 bucks or so.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thieves very rarely steal factory radios. This is simply a revenue enhancement for GM dealers. Do instead of getting your wallet picked by a thief, GM picks it.

Reply to
jcr

I bought one (with MP3 capability) off Ebay--same scenario;went in '03 GMC Sonoma & came outta similar model Pontiac . Local GM dealers could not unlock it--regardless of which GM dealer I approached or the size of the d'ship. Took it to a local auto radio shop which shipped to a NY shop--$50 including shipping. Works good in the install-vehicle, only thing when 1st turned on, it reads "RE-PROGRAM" or such. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2