Unlocking My Gm Radio

hey guys i would appreciate it if anyone can help me here, because i called my dealer and they are asking me for like 40 bucks for a 4 digit code. I have a 97 GMC SLT Jimmy truck. I changed my battery the other day and now i
have to enter a code so that i can have my radio back. Is there any place i can find such a code? or does any of u know a universal code i can use?
Thank u in advance
email me at snipped-for-privacy@videotron.ca
by chance try 0000
do u know that this will work or are u just guessing?

He's guessing
:-D I just cut the cheese!
Try reading the owners manual...

Try pressing the mute button. That's how I get radio and clock back on my 88 GTA.
press and hold buttons 2 and 3 until you get a three digit code... write that down..press am/fm and 3 more digits should be displayed write those down... post them here and I can post the unlock code... Bobo...