Upgrading gauges on Beretta

I am a fan of being able to see what rpm the motor is at, and having the full set of gauges that some Corsicas/Berettas came with. On my Toyota 4wd
pickup I did the swap from basic gauges to full set. I would like to do the same on the Beretta. It is a '95 with the 3.1. My question: will I need a different oil pressure sending unit than what came in the car originally? Basically, does the car with basic gauges come with an oil pressure SWITCH (on/off) or a sending unit that the ecu determines whether the oil pressure is in a good or bad range? Don't want to throw new gauges in there and toast the oil pressure gauge.
Thanks in advance to any feedback I can get on this.
wendy peffercorn wrote:

Why not just LOOK at the existing sander? The snap switch will be a 'button' type thing just an inch or so in diameter, while an actual pressure transducer sender will be a metal can that's 2" or more in diameter.
Considering it is 15 degrees and snowing like hell outside, I thought I would prod the minds of those in here before rolling in the snow underneath the car. I know what the two different units look like, as in my previous message I said.

"wendy peffercorn" <df> wrote in message

Wendy, I don't have much faith in the factory light OR factory gauges, esp. when it comes to oil pressure. You might not need to answer your question IF you install a more reliable, in MY opinion, o-p gauge that uses tubing-and-fittings to access pressure directly. I'm nearly positive the Beretta-gauge uses a different (variable pressure sensor) sender than the idiot light which uses a mere switch for indication. You may decide to use both the upgraded o-p gauge AND a direct-reading o-p gauge. HTH & good luck. PS: Bet those residents appreciate your kind of snow once in a while *down there*. s