used 2004 Buick Custom - Programming Remote Control

I finally received an Owner's Manual!

To all those who offered comments about "Programming the Remote Control", I am pleased to report that the Manual does indeed explain exactly how to do the programming, with a choice of 4 Modes.

It comes programmed for Mode 3.

Includes programming:

  1. LOCK command

2, UNLOCK command

  1. DELAYED LOCKING command.

It also tells how to program Automatic Door Locks.

It works fine just the way it is, so I am not going to fool around with it.

I believe in the old adage: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Reply to
Panos Popadopalous

Yes, the manual will tell you how to program the car to do specific functions when certain keys are pressed. This process is outlined in the thread "Programable Door Locks Won't stay Programmed." (seen here:

will NOT, however, tell you how to program the remote or additionalremotes to function with your vehicle. Your original question was: "How difficult is it to program a 4 button Remote Control for my Buick 2004 Century Custom?" To which the answer is, "you need a scan tool".

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

You are 100% correct, Steve.

So I do not plan to buy an extra remote control online.

Reply to
Panos Popadopalous