Using 93-octane in 2000 Century?

In the Chicago Tribune, Motormouth column, it stated that instead of using additives, "5 fill ups using 93-octane will clean out injectors, valves and
combustion chambers". Any comments good vrs bad on this?
Not true, the detergent content within one brand is the same for all octane levels. More anecdotal misinformation!

-
Shep wrote:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/autos/gasoline-faq/part1 /
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

-
Shep wrote:

Depends, What do you need to be tested for?
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

using
The feds have set minimum standards for what they consider the " required" detergent to get the job done, I would venture it is possible some brands have upped that but not dependent on octane.

-
I'm aware of at least SOME of the fed requirements, but a lot of that is 'clean air' BS, not detergent as such. Last March, when there was a small shortage, I heard there were 38 separate formulations. And most of those were seasonal. No wonder gas is so expensive!

valves
News==----
Newsgroups
=----
Correct, the reason for the dtergent requirements are dirty injectors will cause addt'l pollution.

-

It will only clean out your wallet.