Using 93-octane in 2000 Century?

In the Chicago Tribune, Motormouth column, it stated that instead of using additives, "5 fill ups using 93-octane will clean out injectors, valves and combustion chambers". Any comments good vrs bad on this?

Reply to
Sudy Nim

Shep

It will only clean out your wallet.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Steve W.

Hmm, I distinctly remember a few years ago that one major retailer advertised that the 'midrange' and the 'premium' both had more detergents and solvents than 'regular'.

Are you saying they lied? Not that I'd trust a gasoline company, but I wouldn't expect them to lie where they could be caught.

Reply to
Mike Y

Reply to
Shep

Reply to
Shep

I'm aware of at least SOME of the fed requirements, but a lot of that is 'clean air' BS, not detergent as such. Last March, when there was a small shortage, I heard there were 38 separate formulations. And most of those were seasonal. No wonder gas is so expensive!

Reply to
Mike Y

Depends, What do you need to be tested for?

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Shep