Using the Key Fob and settings

I have a 2005 Yukon Xl. How do you set the car so when I use my KeyFob that the seat goes in the position I set. I set the #1 for mine, when I leave the
car as per the DIC the seat goes all the way back. When I get back in the truck the seat wont go back into position. If I press the #1 on the door it goes back fine. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks Andy
The first place to look is the owners manual, that little book in the glove box....

Wise guy I did that i cant find it except on a website saying it doesnt work that way trying to confirm it!

Andy, does your remotes have a "1" and a "2" on the back of them?

that
the
it
Use the buttons in the steering wheel.