V5 compressor seal repair

My V5 AC compressor on my 96 s10 has a slow leak at the front seal. I am debating if this is a doable job and what the success rate is. Right not, i don't have a clutch tool. SO, i guess its ebay or other.
I don't need a pro version. I shop manual lists a special seal tool also. Is that really needed to remove and install the seal?
Has anyone done a seal repair on this type of compressor? How hard was it? tips? How successful was it?
Any install tips or tool tips appreciated
bob
I'd get a rebuilt compressor, as my luck with rebuilding old ones has been poor. Why buy a tool you'll only use once ?
Yes you'll need the tool. As posted above, get a rebuilt compressor, make sure it has a warranty. These were pretty high failure units. Good luck.