Valve leak?

I just replaced a set of hydraulic lifters on my 1965 Chevy 327. I now have a problem with a constant oil burn off inside the exhaust. What I mean is that I can see the flange of the heat riser slowly getting
saturated and of course burning off. A coincidental valve guide leak? I have replaced the lifters on this car before with no trouble. Thanks in advance.
Paul

One thing to check is your crankcase ventilation. If it were your valve guides, they would have to be really bad AND the drain-back holes would have to be plugged. H
Hairy,
Do you think that there is anything I could have done (installing new lifters) that could cause this problem? Thanks in advance.
Paul