Vauxhall Omega Estate - rear suspension level at max with no load.

Hi Does anyone know how the auto level facility works. I have a w reg Vauxhall omega 2.5 Elite Estate. I noticed today that the rear suspension is riding very high. Looks like the level system has kicked
in (but I haven't had a load in the back for ages).
Are there any know faults (with cheap remedies!) in this area? Should taking the fuse (27) out make it return to normal height?
Ta Pat
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:02:41 +0000, Pat McCann

Often times there is a linkage that connect the rear axle to a ride height indicator attached to the body (a box with wires).
Check that the linkage and wires are connected. On some vehicles (older Volvo's for example) the linkage becomes worn and falls off.
Try looking for that first.
You could bleed the air out of the system but the rear will often drag and the lights will be misaligned.
rule out the simple stuff first.
Good luck