Venture 2002 poor Mileage? what can I do?

I have a venture 2002 that is only getting 22 gpm (should be 26gpm). My tire are in good shape and have enough air. What else can I check to
improve mileage? I don't want to spend big bucks for replacing sensors. thanks

Wow, 22 gallons per mile, that is alot!
If you are thinking you should be able to match the EPA sticker figures, few people do. You are driving a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick after all.
Regards, Al.
sorry, I forgot to mention that this is the mileage I am getting on the highway.
Al Haunts wrote:

My truck matches the EPA sticker, but after owning a minivan I noticed they rarely match, you have to drive with the Ac off, tires above 35psi, windows up/closed, on perfectly flat ground to even get close. Any hills, use of Ac or windows down will drop it.
Eugene Nine wrote:

The OP "forgot" to tell us it's all highway miles on such a critical item. Perhaps he "forgot" to tell us he's towing the Queen Mary too. Maybe he forgot how to calculate mileage.
My Venture gets an average of 24 MPG however on a trip at 65 MPH it gets 26-27 MPG with the air conditioning on, that's as long as we don't do much stopping. I don't think it does too bad considering it is a 8 passenger vehicle.
wrote:

-
lbbss wrote:

Just to mention a couple of low tech thoughts on the matter. Be sure you are not carrying a lot of extra junk to weight the vehicle down. Remove all that you don't need. And make sure your brakes are not dragging. Put the vehicle in neutral at about 5mph on level ground and see if it coasts freely. You could perfect your driving techniques to improve mileage. Time the lights. Coast up to a red light instead of driving right up to it like many do. If your brakes are not lasting a long time that's a sign of not driving for mileage too.
I think the EPA tests are done on gas and you are probably running on a mixture of gas and alcohol, which gives less mileage.

Make sure you only drive down hill and with the wind at your back.

If you are trying to equal the rating on the sticker, remember those figures are determined with ALL accessories turned off--no ac, no radio, no heater(in July??), and probably with a fully-charged battery just before the test-drive. Plus, as others have indicated, different driving habits reflect different gas mileage. s
Do you have a refueling tanker hitched to your rear bumper?