Volt $$

Volt $$ http://tinyurl.com/ynnwze
Taken from today's USA Today, an excerpt from an article on a small electric Mercedes:
"Even though Mercedes expects to be first with hybrids using lithium-ion
batteries, General Motors aims to be first to field a showroom-ready pure electric vehicle using lithium. Its Chevrolet Volt two-seater is planned for late 2010 or 2011, priced about $35,000."
$35,000+ for a GM Volt, first year of production???? Who could actually afford this price? If that price is accurate then the Prius or Civic hybrids would be a *much* better buy .
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Hey Jim - there are actually people out there who earn more than minimum wage.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

To me $35K for a Volt is way too much. Why spend more $$ than you need to?
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Jim Higgins turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

The "global-warming-is-a-fact" and the "we-must-save-the-polar-bears" crowd will buy one.